Gluten Free Pasta Salad
Tri Colored Gluten Free Pasta (Tinkyada – Shop Rite)
Italian Dressing (Kraft Zesty Italian)
Italian Seasonings (Everyday Living – Acme)
Red Onions (1/2)
1) Put a pot of water on the stove, add some olive oil (to prevent sticking), sea salt and boil. In the meantime, prepare the sides and then add the sliced olives, peeled/sliced cucumbers, diced onions, sliced tomatoes and chucks of the Locatelli cheese in one container. Put aside.
2) When the water on stove is boiling, add the gluten free tri colored pasta salad to your pot. I have found (at my local Shop Rite) the gluten free tri colored pasta brand, Tinkyada, stays best for days after I make the pasta salad. The pasta doesn’t get dry and break apart like other brands. Perhaps it is because I wash it with cold water as soon as its done cooking. Either way, I will only use that brand for this dish.
3) As soon as the pasta is done cooking, strain pasta and wash pasta with cold water immediately to prevent sticking.
4) Add pasta to container of your previously cut ingredients. Add package of Gluten Free Italian Seasonings. I used to use Good Seasonings until they started adding wheat to their ingredients. Now I use a generic brand (Everyday Living) I found at Acme. I’ve never gotten sick when I’ve eaten it (& ingredients look ok) although I did call to ensure it was gluten free and haven’t received a call back from the company.
5) Add your favorite Italian Season Dressing. I usually use almost a whole small container as the pasta soaks up the dressing.
6) Chill in the refrigerator for an hour or two and then serve! Enjoy!
Mix everything together and refrigerate. Serve cold with a ladle that has our gluten free tags attached so others don’t use a glutenous scoop which will contaminate your gluten free dish. Enjoy!