Gluten Free Tomato Sauce / Gravy
1. Coat the bottom of your pot with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Dice up about 2-3 cloves of garlic for every can of Crushed Tomatoes you plan to use. Cook the garlic until it’s golden brown.
2. Pour in desired (we used 2 here) cans of Crushed Tomatoes and stir in garlic. Do not wait too long to add tomatoes. Burnt garlic ruins a sauce.
Note: One can of Cento and one can of Tuttorosa Crushed Tomatoes “make-a nice-a sauce”.
3. Add fresh basil (preferred) or dried basil if that’s all you have. Add in salt and pepper to taste – Grandma never measures 🙂 Stir in the spices.
Note: to change it up, consider adding cooked (baked or fried) meatballs, sausage and/or half of a raw red pepper.
4. Stir occassionally and cook for at least 1 to 2 hours. (Unstirred sauce will burn)
Note: A sauce is not cooked until it’s not bright red anymore. The sauce should darken and lose it’s bitter taste.
5. Label your utensils Gluten Free to prevent cross contamination in your kitchen. Use our Silicone Tags on your pots, pans, spoons and serving utensils to ward off evil contaminants.
Buy our oven and dishwasher safe, silicone tags >>
(Pinnable image follows below. Pin to your pinterest board to share with others and save for Sunday)